Sunday, September 6, 2009

prayers please!!!

I often visit a message board on babycenter for parents with babies/children with heart defects. There's a family on their that has lost their 32 month old baby boy. He was born very early-not even 30 wks gest. He had a heart condition called HLHS, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. He passed away this past week.
I really have to say this scares me to my soul. Unless you live this life on a daily basis, you can only imagine the fear. The fear of the known as much as the unknown. Every hour can be one minute to the next. Right now Torie has this sinus/uri that is going around. While Paul and I have it to, we don't worry so much about our selves. We worry for Torie. These things can be so small for us, or they can be huge. We are monitoring her low grade fever, and listening to her lungs to make sure it doesn't turn into bronchitis. I am have never been to medical school, but have been to Vandy Children's and Mboro Medical Clinical several times. I know what bronchitis sounds like unfortunately.
So while several families need prayers for the ill, keep in mind the families that need prayers for their loss.
I also want to remind everyone of the family who had 6 babies last month. 3 of the babies passed away within the first week. They have 3 girls fighting for their lives right now. They are also very early gest. I have a link to the right for their journal.
Thank you all for your prayers for these families.

No comments: