Tuesday, August 4, 2009

OK, yes, I am still here. LOL. Things have been so busy. I have taken several photos, so hopefully I can get them up soon. we also had Torie's *third* birthday party. Sometimes it seems like life after her open heart surgery has went three times as fast as those first 8 months. We have been truly blessed with a daughter is not only surviving but really thriving. We went to her 3 yr well child check and saw a new ped. He was awesome! Dr Johnson was so impressed with Torie and her growth. He did not even realize what her health issues were until several minutes into our conversation. yes, I did that on purpose. It showed me that Torie is very much a "typical" preschooler. That makes me a happy momma. Than, last week we actually went on our first family vacation. We decided that since Torie was doing so well, that we should go now, instead of waiting. She loved the beach, but loved the ocean even more! She spent some time in the pool and tried swimming. I found an awesome children's museum there too. I can't wait to post the pic of Torie inside of a bubble! If you ever go to Myrtle Beach, you must go to the SC children's museum. It's only $8, very worth it!

This week we had Torie's preschool orientation at West Wood. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am sure she will have fun and love her new friends. I just worry about the transition from our loved Mrs Glenda Young to a whole new group of kids/teachers/routines. I am also excited that I will be leaving work at 4 pm every day to pick up Torie. Since I work in Tullahoma at Dr Good's office, I won't be able to take her to school. It means a lot to me to pick her up every day. If you are attending West Wood, contact me-maybe we can plan playdates before it gets too cold

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for adding me to your blogroll! I will be adding you as well if that's okay. My little girl is attending Westwood as well. I think our little girls are in the same class. I think my little girl (the Chinese one :-) and your little girl were looking at the fish together in class on Sunday...I am glad you found us!! A playdate sounds great!