Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 4 of preschool

Well, we all know the H1N1 flu is rapidly spreading through Warren County. So when my cell phone rang just after 11:30 am and the caller was Torie's preschool teacher, I really thought I was going to have to pick up a sick little girl. INSTEAD....I learn my dare devil had climbed onto and jumped off of something during playtime. When Torie landed, she hurt her foot/ankle. Well she was still limping so preschool wanted a parent to check it out. I like that. Since I work in Tullahoma, I called Paul so he could check on her. In the mean time I was in almost in panic mode because my baby was hurt and for the first time in her life I wasn't there to hug and kiss her, I couldn't make it better or do anything at all! I was in tears sitting at my desk feeling like a bad mom cause I couldn't be there... What a day. She is still limping on it tonight. I wrapped it but that didn't make a difference. I am hoping she will feel better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Bless that sweet baby girl!! I hope she is feeling better today.

LeAnne Grissom said...

Oh I can feel your pain. I am at Westwood and the boys are at Irving College. When they get sick most of the time it is hard to get a sub in a short notice, so our Nannie E goes to the rescure. I know it is hard, but I truely believe that they know that we are away because we have to be. She will be taken care of I promise. If you need some reassurance just text me and I will send you a little pic or a text on how she is doing. From what I see she is doing good.