Wednesday, November 4, 2009

life of a chd family

Baby Stellen is still fighting his SVTs. McKMomma and her family are living this life that only a chd family lives. Baby Stellen celebrated his first birthday in the picu. Please join me in prayers for this family as they are beginning another journey with Stellen.

While we feel the stress of everyday life, I do feel Blessed to know that Torie is stable. I remember in early 2007 I was worried that Torie would spend her first birthday in Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, having her repair then. I remember telling my sister that I would have a party for in the hospital no matter what! And I was prepared for doing just that. Little did I know, God had other plans. His plan included Torie having her surgery in March, not July. His plan included Torie's first birthday party to be with family and friends, and friends who feel like family. We were blessed then and we are now.

As Thanksgiving approaches, people are busy getting ready for Christmas. Not us. In my house we are getting ready for Thanksgiving because we have a lot to be thankful for. Torie is helping decorate the house with pumpkins and such. She is turning into a little artist-just ask her preschool teacher how much Torie loves to color.
So, take a minute to be thankful for those around you.

No comments: