Monday, November 23, 2009

Venting and great days together!

Sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it? I'll explain. Last week I was on my favorite message board-baby center's board for parents with babies/children with CHDs. We are a group of parents-mothers and fathers-who support each other all the time. Now, I'll just go ahead and say it-you can't mess with our group. We fight every day for our children, and we will fight for other parents children as well! As it happened last week, someone felt the need to apologize for a misunderstanding,so I read the thread and saw it was not needed. From my view, someone who did not belong on our board, felt it was needed to post a public journal using words like heart invalid, and chd children do not have a quality of life, and why would a real parent put their children through this. Well, you can guess what happened. We, as a community, stood together. Do not tell me that my child has a poor quality of life. and do not tell me my child is an invalid! Now, I'll admit, it's been a long time since I sparred in Black Belt class, therefore I do have a ton of frustration built up that I would gladly take out during a sparring class if anyone was up to it...And I can say I have never been in a fist fight(again unless you count karate), but really...this person was just asking for trouble....or a knee to the face...or maybe a round elbow....Hmm, does anyone remember the time I tore open the shield the Black Belt class with my right round elbow?? hehe I do. On top of all this junk, she*this person I won't name* said we aren't parents because we put our children through test after test, or through surgeries. Let me say, we will follow what ever our doctors feel is best for Torie, but, we as parents, will continue to research and see what other possibilities are available to her. I will always do what is best for my child. How dare someone who chooses to abort their child tell me that I am not a real parent because I fight for my child! Now, don't get me wrong, I feel bad for her baby and her family. It is a difficult time they are going through. And difficult times make people very emotional and sometimes things can be said out of those emotions. Just don't attack our board and then act surprised when we ban together!
Now, on to more fun things!
Saturday was a wonderful Birthday for me! I got breakfast in bed...with Torie sharing my strawberries between the 3 of us. I got my elliptical that I have been wanting for months also. I can't wait to really work out on that! It will be so much fun. Then we spent the day together just looking at this or that, enjoying lunch together. It was defiantly a day well spent. We were all exhausted when we got home.
I hear we are supposed to have a chance of snow flurries Wednesday afternoon! yeah, just in time for my drive home. Wonderful. Can anyone *hear* my sarcasm? I hate driving in the snow. But if the snow cloud wanted to wait until I was at home with my family, warm and snug inside, I'd be okay with that.

No comments: