Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's that time!

Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week!


Every year since Torie was born, it has been my goal to spread awareness about CHDs. There is nothing like the shock of finding out something is wrong with your baby, and when that happens, you need all the support and education you can get! I have been lucky to meet several hundred online families who have supported us through the great times, scary times, fun times, through surgery, and still today-when Torie is 3 1/2 years old. We talk online, through txt or email. We talk about every day life but our conversations always evolve around our heart babies*.

* "babies" does not always mean infants...some of our heart babies in are grade school even!

Through this week and throughout this month my goal is to share not only our story, but those who will let me tell theirs. I am also going to provide educational information. Stick with me this week, and see what it is like to spend a day in the life of a heart family!

No comments: