Monday, December 7, 2009

So funny!

Last weekend Torie was helping feed the dogs. She knows Alexa is her dog, and just loves the idea of having her "own" dog. But Torie still enjoys playing with the other 2 dogs. After helping Paul give out treats to all 3, Torie excitedly tells me " Momma, I helped feed miss Alexa!" Now, I don't know why she added miss, but I thought it was cute. "you did?" I asked. Torie replies " uh hu. and Miss Apollo." Really miss Apollo? hmm. sure he appreciated that! " yeah, and Miss Andre too!"
I couldn't help but smile. Apollo and Andre, both boys, suddenly have "miss" in front of their names! I don't have recent pics of them, but here is a pics of Miss Alexa.

This is the pic that was petfinder.com...how we came across this wonderful dog. She was at a rescue shelter, just waiting for someone to save her. Although I still can't be live I talked Paul into making that drive! But totally worth it. Alexa is so gentle with Torie. And very smart. After her sutures came out (cause they spayed her before we picked her up), I began training her. Since she is truly Torie's dog, I want Torie to be part of the training. How does a child with Speech Problems train a dog? Glad you asked! I use hand motions instead! Torie stands beside me, and follows along. I say the command, along with using my hand motion. So simple. And how cool was it when Torie used only her hand and Alexa followed the command? VERY!! Two very smart girls, if I say so myself. I can't wait until we get some warm weather so I can get pics of them playing. Alexa's fur has really gotten thick over the past few days, as had Apollo's. Husky's have beautiful coats! Andre is a black lab, so his is thicker, but not like the huskies!

No comments: